Job Description: Senior Process Engineer
Using Engineering procedures standard for research and development, carries out assignments associated with research, design, development, support or manufacturing of specific parts, processes, software or components of medical diagnostic systems. Independently evaluates, selects, and applies standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria, using judgement in making minor adaptions and modifications. Under the general direction of a functional manager, with moderate latitude for self-direction, operates in one or more areas of responsibility within a specific function.
- Acts as an individual contributor, core team or technical lead for a specific project.
- Accountable for the completion of assigned deliverables in accordance with approved schedules.
- Authors documentation and participates in activities in support of design control.
- Independently plans, performs & prioritizes tasks that are moderately complex in nature, in alignment with corporate goals.
- Analyzes and interprets data, identifying trends and formulating the next steps, if required by the function.
- Leads, designs and/or develops one or more of the following: new test methods, specifications, technical apparatus, software and processes for moderately complex components and functions.
- Identifies product defects and recognizes outliers in results. Can explain and document product defects and their impact.
- Effectively communicates complex technical information to a cross-functional team in the form of documentation, presentations or technical summaries.
- Technical expertise in at least 1 area.
- Provides technical guidance to and/or supervision of other group members and cross-functional technical teams. Able to mentor others.
- Provides technical support for or leads investigations in support of development and/or on-market activities.
- Independently generates predictable schedules for activities related to assigned projects.
- May review and provide input to deliverables from other functions.
- Recommends and implements improvement initiatives to aid department practices.
Skills & Capabilities:
The ideal candidate for this position will exhibit the following skills and capabilities:
- Statistical Analysis (if required by the function), Root Cause Analysis, Creative Problem Solving, Critical Thinking
- Technically adept and confident
- Leadership: Accountability, Decision Making, Influence, Communication
Requirements for the position.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Science or related field.
- Eight years of product development or relevant experience
- Four to six years of product development or relevant experience for advanced degrees
- In vitro medical device experience highly desired
- Additional Skills/Knowledge:
- Language: Proficiency in English language required