Job Description: Production Supervisor
Reports to: Vice President of Operations
The client’s priorities are Team Centric, Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost. It is the responsibility of the Production Supervisor to ensure that each of these priorities are met.
- Develop high performance work teams that monitor its own performance for safety, quality, productivity, continuous improvement process.
- Plan and execute the production schedule, providing supervisor and directions to hourly workforce.
- Prioritize and manage workload to ensure assignments address the objectives of the company, department and customers.
- Oversee and maintain safety practices in accordance with safe operations and in compliance with company policies.
- Work closely with peers to develop good team working relationships and cross shift team relationships.
- Review and approve timesheets for production personnel.
- Manage employee conduct and or performance problems in a manner consistent with the company policies. Refer to Vice President of Operations or Human Resources for advice and consultation as needed.
- Drive 5S
- Lead strategic efforts to improve operational effectiveness, including capacity planning.
- Ensure proper procedures and problem-solving techniques are utilized.
- Participate in reviews
- Communicate the plan, target, and expectations
- B.S. Degree and a minimum of 3 – 5 years demonstrated experience in a manufacturing environment or comparable combination of work/education experience;
- Models the companies vision and values and keeps them at the forefront of all business activities;
- Must be able to communicate to both management and staff clearly and informatively. Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Minimum of 3 years supervisory experience.
- Demonstrates accountability and the ability to hold others accountable-is fair, consistent and respectful always;
- Pro-actively seeks, shares, and applies new concepts to continuously improve self and others;
- Works effectively with others individually and in teams in pursuit of organizational goals;
- Plans and supports the development of individual skills to maximize individual and organizational growth and achievement;
- Excellent facilitation skills applied regularly;
- Skilled using computer applications, including Lotus Notes, MS Office;
- Strong background in manufacturing concepts – Lean, Kaizen, 5S, and Six Sigma, among others;
- Demonstrate coaching and conflict resolution skills, including constructively working with union(s) on issues.