Defines and implements market requirements for new products. Product management of a dedicated product line. Prepares marketing support program for a specific product, product line, or product area. Coordinates implementation with technical services and field sales organization. Provides Marketing assistance to field personnel and customers.
- Key marketing interface with R&D, Operations and QA/RA
- Prepares and coordinates marketing support programs. Contribute to planning and creation of advertising and promotional materials. Write technical bulletins and newsletters.
- Keeps informed about developments in medical instrumentation/diagnostic industry as they apply to the company’s future marketing plans
- Provides sales technical training for sales staff. Works with field sales staff to develop training requirements and sales tools required to introduce new products and sales campaigns for all or part of product line. Makes presentations to customers.
- Understands all maintenance, performance and advantages of our clients products
- Understands technical aspects of the client and competitive products
- Monitors field test and marketing introduction programs
- Maintains regular communications with technical services on problems with instruments and reagents within the product line
- Interfaces with all levels of management and to independently resolve conflicts/problems with company peers
- Manages and drives internal projects with minimal supervision
Internal Networking/Key Relationships:
- To be determined based on department needs.
Skills & Capabilities:
- Business Acumen
- Customer Focus
- Organizational Agility
- Peer Relationships
- Planning Skills
- Presentation Skills
- Drive for Results
Minimum Knowledge & Experience Required:
- Knowledge in Life Sciences: Medical Technology, Biology, Biotechnology, Chemistry
- Bachelor’s degree in biological science, business administration or marketing discipline, or equivalent. Prior experience in junior marketing product management positions
- Minimum three years’ experience in sales and/or marketing within the healthcare industry
- Approximately 25% of time