The Head of Business Development (HOBD) is a senior leadership role reporting directly to the Chairman & CEO. This person will work closely with our Project Management and Development functions in order to lead the sales, account management and technical support for our expanding clinical development business.
In 2019, our client announced its plans for expansion, including late-phase and commercial manufacturing and acquired a new 100,000-square-foot cGMP manufacturing facility in the RTP area (Raleigh-Durham) of North Carolina. They began construction of the state-of-the-art commercial manufacturing facility in late 2019. The new facility will have Clinical Trial Material (Phases I thru III) Supplies and commercial manufacturing capabilities (up to 1500 kgs in all packaging configurations) expanding the current capacity by over 400%. The HOBD will propose, co-ordinate and execute strategies for the expansion of the company into commercial manufacturing.
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
- Identify new opportunities and prospective clients in the field of dermatology from industry intelligence, and follow-up on leads generated from industry/therapeutic meetings, etc……
- Leadership and management of the sales, marketing and account management/technical support teams, fostering a team-based culture, ensuring positive interactions with our development partners commercial partners and other external collaborators.
- Understand the target markets, including industry and existing customer base to execute market strategies for the commercial expansion.
- Proactive engagement with the leadership team for the effective delivery of sales forecasts, budgets and commercial / development opportunities (Pipeline).
- Possess a strong understanding of our services as well as our competition in the industry and positioning.
- Close new business deals by coordinating technical requirements / deliverables; developing and negotiating contracts; and integrating contract requirements with business operations.
- Work with leadership team to align positioning strategies for formulation development, analytics, IVPT, IVRT, clinical manufacturing and commercial manufacturing.
- Conceptualize and implement new and unique Business Development and marketing strategies, policies, objectives and sales objectives.
- Maintain and enhance existing client relationships, augmenting organization reputation and their brand.
- Prepare weekly proposal update report for Senior Management
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- At least 10 years of experience in pharmaceutical industry with at least 5 years’ experience as Business Development Director or equivalent
- Bachelors of Science Degree or above
- Pharmaceutical product development and contract manufacturing experience is preferred
- Combined CRO and cGMP experience preferred.
- Demonstrated customer focus – a track record of building and maintaining positive customer relationships and key business outcomes
- Excellent organizational skills, with emphasis on strategic priorities and goal setting.
- Superior attention to detail as well as presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Technical skills required to understand and propose products or solutions by focusing on client requirements.
- Ability to communicate information, whether technical or non-technical to staff members and customers, in a clear and concise manner.
- Very proactive team player with a can-do attitude.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, CRM and statistical analysis software.
- Ability to work within cross functional teams to fulfill customer needs and expectations
- Ability to multi-task and apply time management processes effectively