The Head of Business Development (HOBD) is a senior leadership role reporting directly to the CBO. This person will work closely the internal team and external resources to quickly triage and evaluate new opportunities focusing on North America and the EU.
The client is a bio-pharmaceutical company focusing on developing and commercializing oncology and autoimmune drugs. Our client has successfully developed drug candidates targeting pathways with blockbuster potentials, encompassing top three oncology targets and five out of the ten best selling drugs globally. Our client has leveraged primarily in-house capabilities in establishing a pipeline of 15 targeted drug candidates with tremendous commercialization potentials in China and eventually worldwide that cover both proven and novel biological pathways.
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
- Contribute to business development strategy aligned with the corporate strategy, draft and execute action plans accordingly.
- Identify and evaluate potential licensing, co-development and strategic partnering opportunities worldwide.
- Develop a strong working relationship with the internal team and external resources to quickly triage and evaluate new opportunities, and develop solid business case to support the proposals and gain senior management buy-in.
- Structure, negotiate and finalize transactions, and hands-on alliance management throughout the duration of the collaboration on a needed basis.
- Partner with local Chinese company, sourcing compound for our combo, and other opportunities.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Advanced degree in bioscience or related field required. Ph.D., MD, or MBA preferred.
- Minimal 10 years of experience in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry in business development functions.
- Previous experiences with search, evaluation and successful deal closing. Transaction experience with a variety of deal structures required.
- Extensive network in the pharmaceutical industry desired.
- Ideally someone with experience in both China and North America.