The Global Alliance Manager is responsible for  defining product opportunities in low- and middle-income countries (LMICs);  spearheading the client’s relationship building with public health authorities, distributors and end-users; and  working with internal teams to drive development and distribution of competitive products for LMICs. This position reports to the Vice President Strategic Marketing and Business Development.
Who we are:
We are a young, fast-paced company focused on developing highly efficient molecular diagnostics tests for global diseases. We leverage proprietary data science and biochemistry methods to analyze and enhance information from real-time PCR and digital PCR instrumentation. Our patented technology includes diagnostic reagent kits and associated software. Our high-throughput, low-cost products work on existing PCR instruments already installed throughout the world; and deliver more comprehensive diagnostic information than existing low-cost techniques. This creates tremendous opportunities to address complex clinical diagnostics needs in cost-sensitive locations.
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
- Develop and manage relationships with global health organizations such as CHAI, FIND, UNICEF, UNITAID and WHO;
- Lead the process to identify and prioritize opportunities for our client to positively impact LMICs while simultaneously generating material investment returns on product development projects;
- Work with product development teams to ensure execution of product specifications, delivery methods, regulatory approvals, cold chain management, language support and so forth are appropriate for target LMIC countries;
- Monitor OUS policies and trends and regularly inform key internal stakeholders on items relevant to the client;
- Establish relationships for our client with Key Opinion Leaders and potential customers in LMICs;
- Set-up partnerships with health organizations seeking to impact LMICs;
- Manage efforts to seek non-dilutive funding from global health groups, governments and others to support product development efforts targeted at LMICs;
- Work directly with the Global Access Committee and report regularly on LMIC progress;
- Work with commercial team to establish product distribution structure in LMICs;
- Be the primary crusader internally for LMIC projects and ensure they receive the appropriate attention across various company functions.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in life sciences or business development; Graduate degree preferred;
- 7+ years of progressive experience managing and facilitating relationships with global health organizations interested in improving clinical outcomes in LMICs;
- Experience working with in a clinically regulated market segment;
- Experience in molecular diagnostics or related life sciences field;
- Exceptionally strong written and oral communication and collaboration skills;
- Business development and/or strategic marketing experience
- Demonstrated ability to move projects and activities forward
- Demonstrated ability to navigate complex situations and facilitate progress in uncharted situations
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, CRM and statistical analysis software.
- Ability to work within cross functional teams to fulfill customer needs and expectations
- Ability to multi-task and apply time management processes effectively