Supports the Product Manager or the Marketing Director in the definition and implementation of market requirements for new products, and the product management of a dedicated product line. Prepares marketing support program for a specific product, product line, or product area. Coordinates implementation with technical services and field sales organization. Provides Marketing assistance to field personnel and customers.
- Marketing interface with R&D, Operations and QA/RA.
- Prepares and coordinates marketing support programs.
- Contribute to planning and creation of advertising and promotional materials.
- Write technical bulletins and newsletters.
- Keeps informed about developments in medical instrumentation/diagnostic industry as they apply to the company’s future marketing plans.
- Provides sales technical training for sales staff.
- Works with field sales staff to develop training requirements and sales tools required to introduce new products and sales campaigns for all or part of product line.
- Makes presentations to customers.
- Understands all maintenance, performance and advantages of company products.
- Understands technical aspects of company and competitive products.
- Monitors field test and marketing introduction programs.
- Maintains regular communications with technical services on problems with instruments and reagents within the product line.
Internal Networking/Key Relationships:
- To be determined based on department needs.
Skills & Capabilities:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to work well with diverse groups of people
Minimum Knowledge & Experience Required:
- Knowledge in Life Sciences: Medical Technology, Biology, Biotechnology, Chemistry Bachelor’s degree in biological science, business administration or marketing discipline, or equivalent.
- Minimum of 1 year prior experience in one of the following positions in the healthcare industry, preferably in the IVD sector: R&D; marketing product specialist; sales; medical technologist in clinical laboratories.
- Approximately 25% of time