The Service Sales Supervisor will manage the sales and service entitlement activities of the Service Inside Sales Representatives selling Service contracts for U.S. Customer Support Operations. The Supervisor is responsible for driving the Service Sales Representatives in maintaining and growing the current service agreement base and creating new business opportunities through conversion of service expirations to sold service contracts leading to increased revenues for the company. The role will manage service activities to promote service products and capabilities, increase service revenue and to enhance the productivity of the department.
Scientific and technological innovation is at the heart of the Company’s strategy. A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for 50 years, the company’s designs, develops, produces, and markets diagnostic systems for medical and industrial applications. The company’ solutions (reagents, instruments, software, and services) are used to determine the source of disease and contamination to improve patient health and ensure consumer safety.
To fulfill its mission to improve public health worldwide, the company is present in more than 150 countries through 42 subsidiaries. Its world headquarters are located in the Lyon area in France.
The Company is committed to creating an optimal work environment that fosters teamwork, emphasizes training and offers international career development opportunities.
- Manage service activities to promote service products and capabilities, increase service revenue and to enhance the productivity of the department.
- Manage administrative processes to ensure timely release of service quotations and timely and accurate billing and maintenance of customer service entitlement.
- Document end to end departmental processes and procedures.
- Provide input and feedback on service offers, pricing programs and marketing materials.
- Provide updates to service forecast as needed based on pipeline reviews.
- Conduct regular audits to ensure departmental procedures are followed and to ensure timely closure/resolution of
- incomplete/unresolved transactions (billing blocks, expirations reports etc.).
- Hire, coordinate training and develop Service Sales Representative staff.
- Conduct bi-weekly pipeline reviews with staff.
- Using metrics, coach team members to enhance sales performance and provide coaching and training opportunities to staff to strengthen areas of weakness.
- Resolve escalated customer and sales issues on a timely basis, minimizing the impact to service revenues where possible.
- Actively support the achievement of Service Corporate Account objectives.
- Coordinate input of deals negotiated by Service Corporate Account Managers.
- Assist with closing contracts as needed to ensure continued growth in Service compliance revenues and POR recapture.
- Contribute to regular service sales business reviews.
- Participate in special project teams.
- Assist in development of annual Service Revenue forecasts and Strategic Plans as required.
- Define and implement process improvements to enhance service revenue, efficiency and customer satisfaction
- Monitor, report, and make recommendations to reduce time or cost and increase customer satisfaction.
- Address Service 800 hot sheets and customer escalations within 24 hours.
- Work closely with Service Sales Representatives to ensure billing disputes are resolved promptly.
Routine decisions include hiring, expense and vacation authorization, performance appraisals, promotions, salary adjustments, service agreement/pricing negotiations, sales programs, input to both department budget, and annual and multi-year revenue forecasts..
Mentor, coach and train departmental team members:
- Oversee refresh of all departmental training materials on tools and processes and deliver to new hires.
- Mentor new hires for, at a minimum, the first 3 months, checking all customer quotes for accuracy. Help new teammates to understand their errors and equip them with the knowledge and tools to avoid similar errors going forward.
- Share best practices on sales pipeline and workload management with team members. Model best practices and be shadowed by new team members in pipeline reviews and customer calls.
- Coach team on how to present the value of the Company’s services to the customer and assist team management in developing related tools and presentations for Service Sales, Field Sales and Field Service.
- BS/BA required, degree in science / business related field preferred
- Familiarity with computerized information management systems (SAP, SFDC CRM is preferred).
- Knowledgeable in field service strategies, service marketing principles, sales techniques, and processes, human resources coaching, and finance/business administration principles.
- 3+ Years of previous service or software sales experience.
- Minimum 2 years supervisory or equivalent demonstrated leadership including experience planning and executing sales strategy and business development.