- Participates as an active member on a development team. This includes participating in requirements review, design reviews, code reviews, test case reviews, and team meetings.
- Participates as an active member on a project development team. This includes requirements change control, defect management, risk analysis, and release management.
- Creates/Maintains software requirement/functional specifications.
- Creates/Maintains software architecture documentation.
- Creates/Maintains software (component) design documentation.
- Creates/Maintains software source code that adheres to design documentation.
- Performs unit testing and/or code reviews as per project policy.
- Performs integration testing to ensure software functions with application and with electrical/mechanical devices.
- Evaluates, investigates, and implements fixes to assigned software defects.
- Evaluates, investigates, and implements assigned software change proposals.
- Provides level of effort for assigned software activities.
- Tracks personal estimates over time in order to improve accuracy.
- Follows project and corporate plans, standards, and procedures to perform development.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Budget managed (if applicable) N/A
Internal Networking/Key relationships
- To be determined based on department needs
Skills & Capabilities:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to Follow Plans
- Detail-Oriented Ability to administer engineering tools; configuration, requirements, and defect management.
- Knowledge of Communication protocols and patterns
- Ability to operate instrumentation and to handle many software components
- experience with design patterns
- user interface development
- enjoys working with full stack
- experience working in Agile process
- familiar with development of medical devices (lab systems)
- experience of working in FDA regulated environment
- familiar with database developlment and administration
- QT experience is a plus
- familiar with Linux
Min Knowledge & Experience required for the position:
- Bachelor’s Degree plus a minimum 8 years of related experience or Master’s Degree plus a minimum 4 years of related experience or waiver based on experience. Degree should be in a technical discipline such as Chemistry, Math, Physics, Engineering, or Computer Science
- Proficiency with a personal computer and software packages.
- Proficient in computer codes (Assembly, C, C++, Java, C#, etc.) found in the development.