- LOCATION: Waltham, MA
- EXPERIENCE: 8 Years +
Our Client is an established, post C-round startup within the growth oriented 5G, wireless, mobile ecosystem. It has developed unique, high value intellectual property which it currently sells to customers.
The company is founded on innovation , with ties to MIT , and its board includes several well known entrepreneurs and investors.
The Company is seeking a full-time firmware architect/ designer who is familiar with all aspects of embedded software architecture, design, and implementation. This is a hands-on role including architecture definition, hardware/software co-design, scheduling, software implementation, and testing.
- Work with hardware architect to jointly define system architecture.
- Hands on embedded implementation in Linux, RTOS, and baremetal as necessary.
- Provide feedback on processor and system resources required to meet system level objectives and performance goals.
- Interface with comany’s customers pre-sales and during co-development, integration, and support.
- Documentation, project sizing, and scheduling.
- Performance analysis and performance improvements for both base algorithms and real-time software implementations.
- Mentor junior engineers.
Essential Experience and Qualifications:
- MS/BS in an engineering or computer science related discipline.
- 10+ years in embedded software development with 3-5 years in software architecture.
- Detailed understanding of processor architectures (including ARM and Intel) and system architectures.
- Experience developing baremetal, RTOS and Linux embedded applications in SMP and AMP environments.
- Familiarity with digital signal processing is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a diverse multi-disciplinary team, show initiative, self- manage, and effectively communicate with team members and customers.
- Demonstrated ability to expand knowledge base and quickly adapt to a new environment.