Our client, a supplier of critical power conversion equipment, is looking for a Senior Fengineer to develop the firmware and communications protocols for the FPGA based embedded controller. Candidate should be a self-motivated professional who thrives in a dynamic environments. Client is a global corporation.
Job Title: Senior Embedded Software/ Firmware Engineer
Reports to: Engineering Director
Location: Gloucester, MA
Employment Type: Full Time Exempt Employee
The Senior Digital Hardware Engineer will be responsible for the development of firmware to run on hardware within a larger control system. The candidate will need expertise in many of the following areas: development and maintenance of firmware, development of communication standards (i.e. DNET, Ethercat, etc.), and have good working knowledge of control system techniques and topologies. Must be experienced bringing up and debugging HW and FW.
- Develop code to configure and FW to run embedded systems
- Design interfaces for high speed serial and parallel I/O such as Ethernet, USB, PCIe, UART, I2C, SPI, RS485, and EtherCAT
- Contribute to the design of control system FW and HW architecture
- Bring up, configure, characterize, and debug new PCBAs
- Write and implement algorithms, and DSP routines developed by controls and product experts
- Debug and HW and FW
- Work in a lab environment using digital embedded system debug tools (ICE, logic analyzers, JTAG, Oscilloscopes, etc)
- Experience with HDL code for FPGA and SOC (Xilinx) a plus.
- Other duties may be assigned as required
Key Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum 7 years of HW development experience
- BS Degree in EE, CS, or equivalent experience (Master’s Degree preferred)
In addition to competitive salary, our client offers a comprehensive benefits package, which includes company sponsored health insurance coverage, and a 401K plan. Non-financial benefits include a friendly work environment.2844