- Create an environment of continuous integration and delivery.
- Create an environment that promotes early error detection during development and thrives on quality.
- Develop and maintain a continuous and on-demand automated software build and release process on Linux and Windows.
- Work with cross functional teams to drive and deploy improvement initiatives.
- Improve provisioning, automation, configuration, integration, deployment and release processes
- Work with team members to troubleshoot follow-through issues and actions and drive them to completion in a timely fashion.
- Provide system admin for tools, such as: BitBucket, Jenkins, Jira, Confluence, and Coverity, Sonarqube, Artifcatory
- Creates/Maintains DevOps roadmap.
- Creates/Maintains software configuration management plans.
- Brings new software technologies into the company.
- Experience with Jenkins continuous integration server
- Strong background in Fedora Linux and Windows Administration
- Creates/Maintains applications (utilities) for the project to improve team efficiency, such as hardware control for other engineering disciplines or automated data analyzers for software test.
- Must have the ability to handle multiple software projects build, deploy, and test automation.
- Must have the ability to take ownership for high complexity implementations.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Experience with GIT, Coverity, Sonarqube, Artifactory and Jira
- Experience with Build tools such as Apache Ant, Make, and Gradle
- Experience with VMs and VMware
- A working understanding of code and script (Python, Bash, Ruby, Perl)
- Experience with code coverage, such as lcov, jacoco and Emma, and integration with Jenkins
- Experience with Ruby serialization using YAML
- Experience with DevOps deployment management tools such as Puppet, Ansible, or Chef
- Knowledge of compilers/interpreters (gcc, Java, Ruby)
- Familiarity with Apache Mesos, Docker, or other container tools
- Experience working with Agile/Scrum development teams and working within an Agile cadence
- Hands-on experience with managing systems in cloud environments
Budget managed (if applicable) N/A
Internal Networking/Key relationships:
- TBD based on departmental/project needs
Min Knowledge & Experience required for the position:
- Bachelor’s Degree plus a minimum of 10 years of related experience or Master’s Degree plus a minimum of 8 years of related experience or waiver based on experience.
- Degree should be in a technical discipline such as Chemistry, Math, Physics, Engineering, or Computer Science. Proficiency with a personal computer and software packages.
- Proficient in code languages (Assembly, C, C++, Java, C#, etc.) found in product development.
International Mobility: Required: no
- <5% of time