Under the direction of the Product Manager, Group Product Manager, Marketing Manager, or Director of Marketing, the Product Specialist initiates and manages project specific tasks, such as: marketing research, voice of the customer, market and segmentation analysis, product labeling, product brochures, technical support, training, etc. This person will also act as technical liaison between R&D, Operations, QA/RA, sales, service, and customers.
- Acts as marketing technical liaison on all product lines providing product and regulatory information to sales, service and customers.
- Assists in-house training of sales and service.
- Provides second level remote and on-site technical, applications, operations and regulatory support to critical and key customer accounts, assisting them with the integration of our client systems in their laboratories, and developing tools, when necessary, to address frequent educational issues.
- Works with other departments and vendors to escalate problems, negotiates resolutions and implements long term fixes.
- Assists with the creation of technical support material for sales, service and customers.
- Performs other related duties, as position requires.
Skills & Capabilities:
- Must demonstrate the ability to work independently to assigned projects.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills are needed, including ability to make presentations.
- Represents the company on difficult technical problems associated with specific product lines.
Min Knowledge & Experience required for the position:
- Duties necessitate comprehensive knowledge of the theories, principles and practices of the clinical laboratory field (i.e., Chemistry, Coagulation, Blood Gas) typically acquired by completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Science, Medical Technology, Nursing or related discipline.
International Mobility: Required: no
- Some travel required