Marketing Product Manager
This Product Manager position is part of a dynamic Global Marketing Team based in Instrumentation Laboratory (IL) San Diego and is responsible for the development and implementation of the global product strategy.
Founded in 1959, our client is a global leader in the development, manufacturing and distribution of diagnostic solutions for Acute Care Diagnostics, Patient Blood Management and Hemostasis testing. Our success comes from a specific focus in these rapidly evolving diagnostic areas, our commitment to customers, and our dedication to innovation and quality. We are passionate about providing medical professionals the most valuable and complete solutions to enhance patient care. The company is dedicated to delivering the highest quality in vitro diagnostic products, IL is supported by significant resources, outstanding scientific expertise and a tremendous knowledge base. IL is headquartered in Bedford, MA, USA.
Reporting to the Worldwide Marketing Manager, the Product Manager will focus on IL’s whole blood hemostasis systems, working in coordination with R&D, Operations, Quality Assurance, Regulatory, Medical Affairs, as well as with international commercial teams to ensure comprehensive product marketing management and support throughout the entire product life-cycle.
The Product Manager develops the marketing strategy and product development plans for next generation system(s) under his/her responsibility. The Product Manager will drive innovation with activities that include product concept and business opportunity assessment, voice of customer and market research, product requirements and specifications definition, product development process guidance, product launch and commercial release. Additional focus areas of the Product Manager include, but not limited to, the development of key messages, tactical plans and commercial tools, staying informed about development and trends related to the diagnostic market and competitors, as well as training and support of international commercial teams.
The position provides high visibility and opportunities for career growth both domestically and internationally.
We are looking for someone passionate about full life cycle management, from concept to launch and support.
- Develop marketing and product strategies related to next generation whole blood hemostasis analyzers including product concept definition, voice of the customer, product requirements, and product launch
- Drive innovation identifying short and long-term product and business opportunities while contributing to product and marketing strategies (e.g. shifts in technology, market trends)
- Develop key messages, tactical plans, technical bulletins, and commercial tools
- Key marketing interface with R&D, Operations and QA/RA departments
- Stay informed about developments and testing in the medical diagnostic industry as they apply to the company’s future marketing plans and products
- Provide training to international commercial teams in product and value proposition
- Liaise with internal and external partners to address product issues, coordinate feedback with international commercial teams and customers around product lifecycle and identify process improvements along the value chain
- Manage and drive internal projects with minimal supervision
- Work independently and able to interface with all levels of management strategizing and problem solving
Budget managed (if applicable)
Internal Networking/Key relationships
To be determined based on department needs
Skills & Capabilities:
- Analytic thinking, Initiative, Leadership, Business Acumen, Customer Focus, Organizational Agility, Peer Relationships, Planning, Presentation Skills, Drive for Results, Learning Potential
- Strong technical skills and ability to learn new technologies as required
Min Knowledge & Experience required for the position:
- BS/MSc in Science, Engineering or relevant area of study and ideally a further qualification in a business or marketing related discipline. An MBA is a plus
- Minimum 3 years of experience in marketing product management positions, developing and commercializing products within diagnostics, medical devices or a related industry
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prepare and deliver high quality presentations to all levels of the organization
- Excellent people management skills in a matrix or project (developing and building teams), leadership skills to facilitate collaboration and drive results within a matrix organization
Travel requirements: Approximately 25% of time2847