ELECTRICAL DESIGN ENGINEER
The Electrical Design Engineer at our client is responsible for designing, developing, modifying, and evaluating electronic circuits for high voltage DC power supplies. Responsibilities include running SPICE models, selecting components, bread-boarding, testing, conducting experiments, problem solving, evaluating and reporting results.
- Assist in the design of DC power supplies up to 500kV.
- Modify existing designs to meet customer needs.
- Engineering Change Notice Generation.
- Parts derating analysis.
- Research and evaluation of new technologies and components.
- Perform compliance and reliability testing of power supplies.
- Select raw materials, components, and suppliers based on product performance specifications, reliability, regulatory requirements.
- Perform failure analysis.
- Technical report writing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering and 5+ years of relevant experience.
- DC power supply experience is preferable, but not required.
- Strong analog and digital circuit analysis skills.
- Ability to work hands-on with a variety of lab equipment and tools.
- Programming experience is highly desirable (C, LabView, Matlab, Delphi).
- Familiarity with communication protocols (RS232, USB, Ethernet) is desirable.
- Willingness to undergo training in the Test Department for a period to be determined based on relevant experience.
- Ability to multitask and shift priorities as needed.
- Willingness to occasionally work flexible hours and limited travel may be required.